REGISTRAR EMAIL ACCOUNT SETUP: We have set up a new email account specifically for registrar related items, firstname.lastname@example.org. All other matters please continue to use the email@example.com account.
NEW REGISTRATION & UNIFORM PROCESS/FORMS: As you have seen from recent emails, we have started efforts to register every player with the Shanghai Sports Bureau. In doing so, we realized a couple of things: the immediate submission deadline of January 13th and the registration information requirements from each of players above and beyond what we usually collect. Hence the urgent emails to collect as much information on players the past couple of days.
To improve this process in the future, I have revised the registration & uniform process to incorporate new requirements. While we cannot predict all the information to be request by tournament organizers and the Shanghai Sports Bureau, I hope the new form & process will help minimize the urgent requests for information. Please note the following action items in preparation for this weekend:
- New Registration Form Due for Every Player: I have revised the registration application form to incorporate our new requirements. A new registration form must be completed for every player submitted with an original signature . I will accept electronic versions sent to me as well as long as it is a scanned copy with the original signature. Here are the major form changes for those that completed one in the fall:
- Clarity of parent contact information by parent name and any past volunteer experience
- Full player personal information that we need for registration with the Shanghai Sports Bureau and tournament organizers (like weight and height)
- Immediate selection of jersey number choices so that I can contact those players to make immediate arrangements for sizing, payment, and ordering due to the long production lead times. Please see the attached schedule below for available jersey numbers.
- Liability Waiver and Emergency Medical Care and Release of Information Consent: In the event of an emergency and the parent/legal guardian is unavailable, the STMHA Registrar needs to have a copy of the child's passport and insurance card on file along with the attached medical care consent form. Every effort will be made to contact you and we hope we are never in this position however, we want to be prepared in the event something happens.
- Medical History Information Updated: to obtain better information and clarity on a player's medical history. Not everyone completed in the first session. Please take the time to give us the most accurate history information for our coaches and medical staff in the event of an emergency. Please be sure to include any medications taken.
Team managers (Marie, Magnus and Corina) will be collecting forms, uniform money and house league deposits this Saturday and Sunday in Songjiang. Gr3 manager, Emily, and I will be collecting forms and house league deposits in Bailian.
THUNDERBIRD SPIRIT WEAR UPDATE: For those that placed orders before the holiday for sweatshirts, tracksuits, etc, please advised of the revised timing due to the size of the large embroidery on the sweatshirts and complexity of our tracksuits
Sweatshirts/Water Bottles January 19th
Hats February 1st
Thunderbirds February 8th
JERSEYS ALREADY ORDERED: Due to the holiday, I had them hold the shipment until we returned so that it didn't sit in customs for safety purposes. I am expecting it shorTly. Just waiting for customs to contact me to clear. I will keep you posted.
EXTRA HOCKEYS SOCKS AVAILABLE NOW: I currently have a selection of 12 black or white hockey socks that are available for purchase. They are 120 rmb per pair. Please let me know if you need any replacement socks.
Thank you for your understanding in advance. Please contact me if you have any questions.